Situated on the outer extremes of the Scilly Isles - and the smallest inhabited island - this hotel is a comfortable place to relax away from the hustle of modern life.
Bedrooms/suites are comfortably furnished, all having modern TV's with extra satellite channels, en suite bathrooms and marvellous views over the sea.
The public rooms, including a good restaurant (see entry lower on the page) have been decorated with attractive works of local art.
As well as exploring the island, you can play boule or practice your golf on their 3 hole mini-course.
If you stay for two nights or more, during winter months, the hotel will pay for your helicopter flight from the mainland. Closed during January and February.
Restaurant - Hell Bay
A good restaurant is needed to support a hotel so remote, and this does the job well.
Chef Glenn Gatland, offers a menu based on local produce, so seafood figures prominently.
Expect the likes... more
- Pleasantly Situated
- Sea View
- Dogs by Arrangement
- Ideal for Families
- Number of rooms: 25
- Rooms, ensuite: 25
- Price (single room): from £ 155-£300 (half board)
- Price (double room): from £310-£600 (half board) - from £100 to £285 B&B
- Prices include breakfast
- Room Service: Limited
- Banqueting, sit down, max: 36
- Conference, Theatre-style, max: 36
- Licensed for Civil Weddings
- Keep Fit Equipment
- Spa Bath
- Swimming Pool - outdoor
- Directions: See the map on this page; but a boat trip is necessary from St. Mary's