« back to recipes search results
Almond Sauce Recipe
An excellent sauce to serve with fish fillets such as plaice and sole.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at ‘Simon Scrutton French Cookery Classes’ on Google – and learn how to make top class bistro-style dishes. Suitable for beginners upwards. Small classes.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For 4 people:
- 120g/4 oz Unsalted Butter
- 120g/4 oz flaked Almonds, lightly-toasted
- 360g/12 oz Plum Tomatoes, peeled, de-seeded and diced into concassé
- 1 small bunched of fresh Parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 rounded tablespoon Capers
- The juice of half a Lemon
- Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
1. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, and blanch the chopped parsley for 1 minute, drain it, and refresh it under very cold running water.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook to a light brown colour, then add the almonds, capers, parsley and tomatoes, parsley.
3. Heat through, add the sieved lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.