« back to recipes search results
Apple Crisps Recipe
These are easy to make, and make a good accompaniment to ice cream and similar desserts - in the style of tuilles.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
2 crisp eating Apples
100g Caster Sugar
2 tablespoons (30ml) Lemon Juice
1. Dissolve the sugar in 80ml of water in a small pan, over a low heat. Allow to cool.
2. Slice the apples very thinly (2-3mm) across the apple, leaving them unpeeled and un-cored.
3. Discard the top and bottom slices.
4. As you slice the apples, squeeze lemon juice over them, to stop them going brown.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 120ºC/250ºF/Gas ½.
6. Spread the apple slices on a wire tray, and paint with the sugar syrup – turn them over and repeat the process.
7. Dry them in the oven for 3-4 hours, until they are crisp and lightly-coloured.
When they are completely cold, store them in an airtight tin.