« back to recipes search results
Anchovy Sauce Recipe
Delicious with grilled fish and "Spinach Mousse" (q.v.)
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at ‘Simon Scrutton French Cookery Classes’ on Google – and learn how to make top class bistro-style dishes. Suitable for beginners upwards. Small classes.
For 6 people:
- 1 batch of "Hollandaise Sauce" (q.v.)
- 4 tinned Anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons of warm water
1. Make the Hollandaise Sauce as directed.
2. Mash the anchovy fillets to a purée with the warm water.
3. Mix the purée into the Hollandaise Sauce.
Serve. The sauce is difficult to reheat, as it will split. But can be prepared ahead of time – see Hollandaise Sauce.
Recipe taken from 'Foolproof Entertaining' by Simon Scrutton – available from www.runninghare.gb.com