« back to recipes search results
Prune & Port Fool Recipe
A good light dessert, tastes better than its simplicity would lead you to expect.
For 6-8 people:
- 450g/1 lb stone-in Prunes - ones that need soaking are best
- 350ml/¾ pint Port
- 560m/l pint Double Cream
- Soak the prunes for 2 hours in water, unless you are a using pre-soaked variety.
- Poach them until they're tender (generally about 40 minutes) - then allow them to cool in their liquid
- Strain the prunes, but keep the liquid for other uses - such as pork dishes.
- Stone the prunes and liquidise them with the Port.
- Whip the cream until its stiff, then combine it with the prune purée. - any small flecks of prune skin are quite normal.
Serve in a bowl decorated with a tuille, or as part of a mixed dessert plate.