« back to recipes search results
Bananas in Foil Recipe
Both simple to prepare and delicious to eat. Based on a recipe of Michel Guerard's - the inventor of Cuisine Minceur.
This simplified version will become a favourite.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For 4 people:
- 8 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 * 400g tin of apricots, in natural juice rather than sugar syrup
- 2 Vanilla Pods
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Caster Sugar
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) Water
Equipment: Food processor; 4 pieces of tin foil 30cm/12ins square
1. Drain and liquidise the apricots.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7
3. Melt the sugar in the water over a low heat; when it has dissolved, bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
4. Split the vanilla pods lengthways.
5. Assemble by placing the 2 bananas in the centre of centre square of foil with half a vanilla pod between them. Share the liquidised apricots between them.
6. Fold the foil to make individual parcels and seal carefully.
Can be prepared ahead up to this point and kept in the fridge.
7. Bake on a tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
Allow your guests to unwrap their own parcels. The vanilla pods can be washed and reused.
Recipe taken from 'Foolproof Entertaining' by Simon Scrutton - available from www.runninghare.gb.com