« back to recipes search results
Prawn Cocktail Sauce / Marie Rose Sauce Recipe
This once fashionable, and sometimes delicious, starter must be due for a revival.
The quality of the dish rests on making an excellent sauce and buying shell-on North Atlantic prawns (which have much more flavour, than anything already shelled).
Here is an easy-to-make sauce.
For 4 people:
- Half a batch of Mayonnaise (q.v.) or 239ml/8 fl oz bought mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons (90ml) Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- a few drops of Tabasco sauce
- juice of half a Lemon, sieved
1. Combine the ingredients and mix well together.
Can be stored in the fridge in a screw-top jar, for up to a week. If it becomes too thick, it can be diluted with a little tepid water.