« back to recipes search results
Basil Butter Recipe
This is an ideal accompaniment for adding a little zest to a simply-fried steak, veal or pork escalope or lamb chop.
250g/8oz of the best Unsalted Butter, kept at room temperature for at least 2 hours (keep the butter paper)
- 1 big, or 2 medium, cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 8-10 Fresh Basil leaves, torn (rather than cut) into pieces
- a little salt and freshly-ground pepper
Equipment needed: A food processor (although it can be made without)
1. Put the soft butter in a bowl with the other ingredients.
2. Blend, with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is even and smooth.
3. Alternatively, process the mixture in a processor.
4. Return the butter mixture to its original paper, it might have to be cooled first, until it holds its shape - or a piece of foil of similar size.
5. Gently work the butter into a sausage shape and roll up in the paper.
Place in the fridge and cut off slices as required.