« back to recipes search results
Batter; Beer - Recipe
This is an excellent batter, and particularly good when covered fried vegetables - such as aubergine and courgette pieces.
For 4-6 people:
- 200g/4 oz Self-Raising Flour
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) Beer
- 260ml/10 fl oz Ice-Cold-Water
- Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
- Sift the flour into a medium-sized bowl, to aerate it.
- Add a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Make a well in the centre, then whisk in the beer and water, until you have a smooth batter.
Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before using.