« back to recipes search results
Potato Skins - fried
These make a good snack and are popular with kids of all ages. They are particularly good with cream - soured with lemon juice, and then mixed with freshly-chopped chives.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - learn how to make top-class dishes from beginners upwards.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
- Potato peelings, kept in cold water. If planning to make them, peel your potatoes a little thicker than usual
Equipment needed: Deep-fryer
1. Cover the peelings with cold water, in a saucepan.
2. Bring them to the boil, then drain.
Can be prepared ahead up to this point.
3. Heat clean oil in a deep-fryer to 190°C/375°F.
4. Fry the skins for about 3 minutes until golden and crisp.
Drain on kitchen towels and serve.
Recipe taken from 'Foolproof Entertaining' by Simon Scrutton.