« back to recipes search results
Black Bean Sauce Recipe
This Chinese sauce is excellent with items as diverse as chicken and crab, as well as vegetables such as pumpkin and marrow.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons black beans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped spring onions
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry Sherry
- 7 fl oz (200ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- Heat a wok or big frying pan, then add the oil.
- When the oil is hot add the black beans, garlic, ginger and spring onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock, followed by the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar, and mix well.