« back to recipes search results
Potato & Herb Soup Recipe
A delicious potato soup, much more exciting than it sounds.
Adapt it to whatever herbs you have, but always use about half parsley and then one of the other soft-leafed fragrant herbs such as tarragon, chives or chervil.
Herbs such as sage and rosemary are too pungent. In the summer you could use basil and serve the soup chilled
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For 4 people:
- 2 big Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and chopped
- 100g herbs (half parsley - see above), rinsed, drained and roughly chopped
- 1.25 litres Vegetable, or light Chicken Stock
- Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) Single Cream (optional)
- Put the chopped potatoes, onion and half the herbs into a saucepan.
- Add about 300ml stock, and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, add the rest of the herbs and purée in the blender, or food processor.
- Sieve, and stir in the rest of the stock.
- Reheat, season to taste, and, if using, stir in the single cream.