« back to recipes search results
Potato & Herb Soup Recipe
A delicious potato soup, much more exciting than it sounds.
Adapt it to whatever herbs you have, but always use about half parsley and then one of the other soft-leafed fragrant herbs such as tarragon, chives or chervil.
Herbs such as sage and rosemary are too pungent. In the summer you could use basil and serve the soup chilled.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - learn how to make top-class dishes from beginners upwards.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For 4 people:
- 2 big Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and chopped
- 100g herbs (half parsley - see above), rinsed, drained and roughly chopped
- 1.25 litres Vegetable, or light Chicken Stock
- Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) Single Cream (optional)
- Put the chopped potatoes, onion and half the herbs into a saucepan.
- Add about 300ml stock, and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, add the rest of the herbs and purée in the blender, or food processor.
- Sieve, and stir in the rest of the stock.
- Reheat, season to taste, and, if using, stir in the single cream.