« back to recipes search results
Butterscotch Sauce Recipe
Ideal with Vanilla Ice Cream.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
- 225g/8oz light Muscovado Sugar
- 120ml/4 fl oz Single Ceam
- 30ml/1oz Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) of Golden Syrup
- Gently heat all the ingredients, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has melted.
- Bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Cool and serve.
If the sauce becomes to thick in the fridge, carefully mix in a little extra cream.
Recipe taken from 'Foolproof Entertaining' by Simon Scrutton.