« back to recipes search results
Pork - 'Grillades de Porc á la Dijonnaise'
A good supper dish, which can be made successfully and more cheaply with loin chops.
For 4 people:
4 slices of pork fillet (each weighing 140-170g), cut into slices or 4 loin chops, trimmed of any surplus fat
2 tablespoons Butter
1 tablespoon (15ml) Vegetable Oil
1 tablespoon finely-chopped shallots
2 tablespoons (30ml) juice from cooked Prunes
1 dessertspoon of Red Currant jelly
284ml/½ pint Double Cream
2 tablespoons (30ml) Dijon Mustard
8 medium Gherkins, thinly-sliced
Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
- Heat the butter and oil over a medium heat and fry the pork for about 3 minutes on each side (longer for chops), and the chopped shallots and garlic for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove the chops from the pan, and set aside - leaving the shallots and garlic behind.
- Add the prune juice and when it bubbles, stir in the mustard and red currant jelly and follow with the cream.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes before returning the meat to the pan with the gherkins.
- Heat the meat through thoroughly and season with salt and pepper