« back to recipes search results
Pomegranate Sauce Recipe
A cold sauce to accompany poached fish
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
- 5 medium pomegranates (about 225g/8 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) finely-chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) chopped fresh coriander
- 1 medium clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Cut the fruit in half.
- Squeeze the juice into a strainer and discard the hard white kernels.
- Boil the pomegranate juice until reduced by almost half, then add the onion, garlic and herbs.
Allow to cool, then serve.