« back to recipes search results
Dessert Fruit Sauce - basic recipe
An ideal sauce to prepare and freeze head if you find cheap fruit.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For 6 people:
- 2 ripe Mangoes
- 1 Passion Fruit
- 110g/4oz fresh or frozen Raspberries
- 1-2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
- Halve the mangoes and discard the stones.
- Scoop out the flesh of the mangoes and passion fruit into a food processor, then add the raspberries.
- Blend until smooth, then press through a sieve into a saucepan.
- Add enough sugar to sweeten and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
This can be used now, or frozen for another time.