« back to recipes search results
Gateau of Ducks Livers - warm
This is nearly as good made with chicken livers, and can be made the day before and gently reheated in the microwave or a steamer - they will however lose a little of their wobble!
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
Equipment: Food Processor or liquidiser.
Four to six ramekins (depending on size) or similar oven-proof containers.
Tin foil squares to cover them.
- 125g/4oz Duck or Chicken livers, carefully washed and with any sinews and green areas removed
- 1 small clove of Garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Flour
- 2 * medium Eggs
- 2 * medium Egg Yolks (freeze the whites for another time)
- 50ml/2 fl oz Double Cream
- 230ml/8fl oz Milk
- a few grates of fresh Nutmeg
- a little Salt and freshly-grated Black Pepper
- a little soft Butter for lining the ramekins
- Lightly butter the ramekins, and set them aside.
- Set the oven to 180