« back to recipes search results
Dumplings, Chervil with Chicken Liver
To accompany game.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
For 4 people:
- 150ml Water
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 110g/4oz Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon (2ml) Salt, plus a few grinds of freshly-ground Black Pepper
- 25g/1oz chopped Chicken Livers (optional)
- 1 dessertspoon (10ml) freshly-chopped Chervil
- 3 medium Eggs
- Chicken Stock
- A little Butter
- Bring the water to the boil with the butter, in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Remove from the heat, and add the flour, salt and pepper, the chicken livers and the chopped chervil.
- Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon, until it is sufficiently-blended to leave the sides of the pan.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating as you go to obtain a stiffish glossy mixture.
- Using two teaspoons, form the mixture into small balls.
- Poach these in simmering chicken stock for three minutes, then remove them and fry in butter until they golden - carefully moving them around the pan so they don't stick.
Serve, or reheat in a microwave when needed.