« back to recipes search results
Pizza - Spring Vegetable and Pesto
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - learn how to make top-class dishes from beginners upwards.
For 4 pizzas:
- ½ a batch of Pesto Sauce - see our Recipe section
- ½ a batch of Pizza Dough, Basic - see our Recipe section
- 1 bunch fresh Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 handful fresh peas, podded - or the equivalent quantity of frozen
- 1 handful fresh podded broad beans - or the equivalent quantity of frozen
- 2 tablespoons hard Pecorino cheese, coarsely grated.
- Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400º/gas mark 6.
- Blanch the vegetables in boiling salted water until they are al dente - drain and refresh under very cold water - drain and set aside.
- Slip off the skins from the broad beans, and discard the skins.
- Divide the pizza dough into four, and roll into thin rounds.
- Spread a layer of pesto on top of each, then share out the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the pecorino, and season, remembering that the cheese is already salty.
- Slide the pizzas on to a preheated tray and bake them until crisp, about 15-20 minutes