« back to recipes search results
Pizza Dough; enriched recipe
.If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - learn how to make top-class dishes from beginners upwards..
For 6 pizzas:
- 15g fresh yeast (available from big supermarkets or from bakers)
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Caster Sugar
- 35ml warm Milk
- 500g Strong White Flour
- 60g softened Butter
- 2 medium Eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Salt
- 35 ml warm Water
- Mix the yeast with the sugar until it dissolves, then add to the warm (not hot) milk.
- Sift the flour into a big warm bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the butter, eggs, salt and the water and yeast mixture.
- Bring together, and knead to a smooth dough.
- Place in a clean bowl, and cover with lightly oiled cling wrap.
- Put in a warm place (such as an airing cupboard) to prove and double in size - this will take between 1 and 2 hours.
- Knock the dough back, with your fist to release any trapped air - and the dough is ready to use.