« back to recipes search results
Elderflower and Strawberry Jelly
This can be made with bought Elderflower cordial, or you can make your own. The jellies are particularly good if served with a few additional strawberries and amaretti biscuits.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
For 6 people:
- 250ml Elderflower cordial
- 600ml Ginger Ale
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 2 individual packets of powdered gelatine
- 150g ripe strawberries
- In a non-aluminium saucepan, combine the elderflower cordial, ginger ale and sugar - heat this slowly until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, once the sugar has melted.
- Remove the liquid from the heat and leave to cool for a few minute, then sprinkle over the powdered gelatine, whisking as you do so.
- Allow to cool, then fill up 6 small moulds (or one large one) and refrigerate overnight.