- Sift the dry ingredients into a big warm bowl, and mix with your hands, ensuring the yeast is well distributed.
- Add the oil, then slowly add water - it may or may not take all the water - you must aim for a workable yet still-moist dough; if it's too moist, add a little more flour.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly-floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Place it in an lightly-oiled bowl, and cover with oiled cling wrap. Leave in a warm place to prove and double in size.
- Knock it back a little with your fist to release any trapped air, and it's ready to roll out and use.
See Pizza; 'Spring Vegetable and Pesto'