« back to recipes search results
Cucumber Dipping Sauce - Thai
.If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
- 10cm/4 in length of Cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 350ml/12 fl oz Rice or White Wine Vinegar
- 6 level tablespoons (90ml) Caster Sugar
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and finely-diced, by hand into cubes
- 2 Shallots or ¼ of a mild Spanish Onion, peeled and finely-chopped
- 2 fresh Red Chilis, de-seeded and finely-chopped
- Combine the vinegar and sugar together in a non-reactive pan (so not aluminium), and melt the sugar over a low heat - stirring until it has fully dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer for 5 minutes, until it has become a syrup.
- Set the syrup aside to cool.
- When cold, add the cucumber, carrot, shallot or onion and chili.
Transfer to a serving bowl.