« back to recipes search results
Flaky Pastry Recipe
A quick and easy pastry for quiche bases and pies.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
For one quiche of up to 25cm/10 ins:
- 250g/8 oz Plain White Flour
- 150g/6 oz Butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Salt
- about 2 tablespoons (30ml) very cold Water
- Sift the flour and the salt into a big bowl, or a wide board
- Put the butter in the middle and rub it into the flour, until you have butter pieces the size of small peas.
- Make a well in the centre, and add half the water - using your fingertips, draw the the butter/flour mixture into the centre as lightly as possible.
- Add as much water as necessary to form a smooth dough.
- Wrap the pastry and chill it in the fridge until its needed.