« back to recipes search results
Game Chips - Roasted
These are delicious with simply-roasted game, such as pheasant or grouse.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
For 4 people:
- 4 big potatoes (use Desirée, Estimas, King Edwards, Maris Pipers or Romanos)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Olive Oil
- A big pinch of Dried Thyme and the needles from a sprig of fresh Rosemary
- 1 glass (about 12ml) Dry White Wine
- Peel and very-thinly-slice the potatoes.
- Coat the slices in olive oil and spread them out on a baking tray.
- Pour over the white wine and scatter over the thyme and rosemary and bake at 200°C/400°/Gas 6 for 20 to 30 minutes or until they're golden.