« back to recipes search results
Garam Masala Recipe
A mixture of spices used in Indian cooking. It is commonly sprinkled on to a dish to refresh the spice levels during the last few seconds of cooking.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
Our version comprises:
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds
- a 2 ins piece of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (black if possible)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- a quarter of a whole nutmeg, grated
Grind all the ingredients in a pestle and mortar or coffee grinder, then keep in a sealed jar away from light and heat until needed.