« back to recipes search results
Glacé Icing Recipe
A simple glossy icing for cakes.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
- 6oz icing sugar
- about 2 tablespoons warm water
- food colouring (optional)
- Sift the icing sugar into a deep bowl.
- Add the water, a little at a time, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add a few drops of colouring if required.
The icing may be flavoured with, for example, I tablespoon (15ml) of lemon juice to replace 1 tablespoon of water; or 2 teaspoons of coffee essence to replace water. Alternatively, blend 2 level teaspoons of cocoa with 1 tablespoon of the water, or replace 1 tablespoon of water with the same amount of liqueur.