« back to recipes search results
The German version of Mulled Wine - a marvellous winter warmer.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
- 2x6cm/3in Cinnamon sticks
- 3 blades of Mace
- 4 whole Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg (freshly-grated if possible)
- 1 sprig of Mint
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Sugar
- The juice and rind of
- Put all the ingredients into a pan (stainless steel if possible) - except the Port.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, without boiling.
- Strain the mixture into a serving container - add the Port.
If making ahead of time, and re-heating - do not boil. See 'Grog'; ' Mulled Wine; French"; 'Mulled Wine; Strong'; Mulled Ale';