« back to recipes search results
Kidneys in their Overcoats - Recipe
A popular breakfast dish at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries, and well worth trying if you can find lambs' kidneys still in their jacket of fat.
- 2-3 lambs' kidneys per person, still covered with their own fat
- One slice of warm toast per kidney
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
2. Cook the kidneys, still covered with their fat, for 25 minutes.
3. Put each kidney on a slice of toast, and break open.
Serve with salt and pepper.