« back to recipes search results
Lamb Burgers Recipe
These are particularly-good served in pitta bread with cucumber and mint raita (see below).
These are best if assembled a few hours before being needed, as this will improve their flavour.
For 12 small burgers - for 6 people if serving 2 each:
- 420g/14 oz minced Lamb
- 90g/3 oz Cracked/Bulgar Wheat
- 2 medium cloves of Garlic -peeled and chopped
- The leaves from a few sprigs of fresh Mint - roughly chopped
- An equal quantity of fresh Parsley - chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Harissa Paste
- A little Salt and plenty of freshly-ground Black Pepper
- A little vegetable oil
- A little mixed salad of crisp lettuce, chopped coriander leaves and mint
- Put the bulgar wheat in a heatproof bowl, and cover it with boiling water. Leave it to stand for about 15 minutes to swell, then drain and squeeze it dry.
- Add the garlic, harissa, mint and parsley to the minced lamb. Follow this with a little salt and black pepper, to taste. Mix everything well together.
- Form the meat mixture into golf-ball-sized rounds, then flatten them a little.
- Keep them covered in the fridge until they're needed.
When ready to eat, brush the patties with a little oil and fry them in a non-stick pan, until brown on both sides. Serve in warmed, and split, pitta bread, into which you have inserted some of the mixed salad leaves. Offer them with the Cucumber and Mint Raita.
Cucumber and Mint Raita
Half a medium Cucumber
The chopped leaves from 4 sprigs of Mint
300ml/½ pint Yoghurt
1. Grate the cucumber coarsely and put it in a colander.
2. Sprinkle it with a little salt, and leave it to stand for half an hour. This will extract extra water, and make the cucumber crisper and slightly pickled.
3. Squeeze the cucumber dry, then add it to the remaining ingredients.
4. Mix well, and refrigerate until needed.