« back to recipes search results
Lemon & Rosemary Ice Cream Recipe
A good ice cream, if you have fresh rosemary. If you add the vodka, it will help to stop the ice cream forming crystals.
- 100ml/4 fl oz fresh Lemon Juice
- the grated zest of 2 unwaxed Lemons
- 200g/6 oz Caster Sugar
- 2 x 15cm/6 in stalks of fresh Rosemary - with the needles removed and the stalk discarded
- 500ml/1 pint Double Cream
- a big pinch of Salt
- 25ml/2 fl oz Vodka (optional)
- A few Rosemary sprig tips, to decorate
- Put the lemon juice, zest and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the rosemary leaves.
- Leave for an hour to let the flavours blend.
- Add the cream and the salt.
- Strain into a lidded container, suitable for freezing, and put the mixture in the freezer.
- After about an hour and a half, remove it and either stir it briskly, or whiz it in a very clean food processor.
- After a further 90 minutes, repeat this operation
Before serving, remove from the deep-freeze and thaw a little to make scooping easier. Decorate with your saved rosemary sprigs.