« back to recipes search results
Marigold Buns Recipe
The flowers are excellent in salads, soups, and can be used to colour rice dishes; the petals can be used to make 'Sweet Marigold buns'.
The young leaves can again be used in salads.
The flowers can be dried in a low oven, the ground into a powder for colouring purposes.
For about 12 Buns:
- 100g/4 oz softened butter
- 100g/4 oz caster sugar
- 3 medium/ 2 large eggs
- 100g/4 oz self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh marigold petals
1. Put the butter, sugar, eggs, sifted flour and baking powder into a bowl, and mix together until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
2. Fold in 1½ tablespoons of marigold petals.
3. Turn the mixture into greased bun tins or individual paper cake cases.
4. Sprinkle a few petals onto each bun with a little sugar/
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven 160°C/325°F/Gas 3 for approximately 25-30 minutes