« back to recipes search results
Mulled Ale 1
This is based on an old English recipe.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - learn how to make top-class dishes from beginners upwards.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
- 2 x 6cm/2 ins Cinnamon sticks
- 3 blades of Mace
- 4 Cloves
- 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg - freshly-grated if possible
- 450ml/1 pint Brown Ale
- 1 dessertspoon (10ml) Honey
- A thin slice of Lemon Rind or 1 tablespoon (15ml) Brandy
- Heat the ale, honey and the spices together, until hot but not boiling.
- Leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Strain, then re-heat when needed. Remove from the heat and add the brandy or lemon rind.