« back to recipes search results
Mulled Wine - French
A gentle mulled wine - not too strong.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - learn how to make top-class dishes from beginners upwards.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
- 2 x 3 ins Cinnamon sticks
- 3 blades of Mace
- 4 whole Cloves
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Nutmeg, freshly-grated if possible
- 60g/2 oz Sugar
- 600ml/1 pint Red Wine
- The juice and rind of 1 Orange
- Heat all the ingredients gently, without boiling.
- Remove from the heat, and infuse for an hour, then strain.
- When ready to serve, heat, without boiling, and serve.
See also 'Glühwein'; 'Grog'; 'Mulled Wine, Strong'