« back to recipes search results
Rémoulade Sauce Recipe
Delicious with simple fish dishes and cold meats (as a more robust version of Tartare Sauce)
- 1 batch of Mayonnaise (q.v.). or 300ml/12 fl oz good bought Mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled Egg, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Gherkins, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh Parsley, chopped
- a little fresh Chervil, chopped
- a little fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1 dessertspoon (10ml) Anchovy Essence - if using with fish
- test for Salt and Pepper, especially if using bought Mayonnaise
1. Mix all the ingredients together and check the seasoning.
Must be kept refrigerated; will then last for a few days.