« back to recipes search results
Salsa - Avocado
Delicious with barbecued, and simply grilled food, particularly fish.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For 8 people:
4 Red Peppers
2 ripe Avocados
1 bunch Mint – carefully washed, then shaken or spun dry
1 bunch Parsley – carefully washed, the shaken or spun dry
½ bunch of fresh Oregano, washed as above
8 tablespoons (120ml) Olive Oil
the juice of ½ a Lemon
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
Tabasco to taste – but 1 teaspoon maximum; or 1 finely-chopped, de-seeded Red Chili
Salt and freshly-ground pepper
1. Grill or roast the peppers until they become very black and charred.
2. Transfer them to a bowl, and cover with clingfilm, or put them in a plastic bag
3. After 10 minutes, remove the skins – which should come off easily, and de-seed them over a sieve, catching any juices in a bowl below
4. Cut the peppers into ½ cm cubes.
5. Halve and stone the avocado, then remove the flesh from the skin, and cut it into cubes, the same size as the peppers.
6. Strip the mint and oregano leaves from their stalks, and finely chop them.
7. Finely chop the parsley, adding all the herbs to the chopped avocados and peppers
8. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and the Tabasco or chopped red chili.
9. Season with salt, and plenty of freshly-grated pepper.
10. Mix well, and allow to stand for 20 minutes before using.