« back to recipes search results
Sweet & Sour Pork Recipe
Marinate the pork in the way described, then add 'Sweet and Sour Sauce'
For 4 people:
750g/1½ lbs of cubed boneless pork, with a little fat left on
½ teaspoon (2ml) Salt
1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons (10ml) Rice Wine or dry Sherry
2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
1 medium Egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon Cornflour
75g/3 oz Cornflour
75g/3 oz Plain Flour
450ml/16 fl oz Groundnut/Sunflower oil – for frying
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Allow them to stand for a minimum of 30 minute – but not more than 2 hours.
2. Combine the flour and cornflour in a plastic bag, then add the pork cubes, without their marinade and coat each piece of pork.
3. Remove the cubes individually from the bag, shaking off any excess flour –and set them aside in the fridge.
4. Heat the oil in a deep pan or wok, until it reaches 180ºC/350ºF.
5. Cook the pork pieces in the oil for about 3 minutes – you may have to do this in separate batches.
6. Drain the pork on kitchen paper, the serve with sweet and sour sauce and serve with plain rice.