« back to recipes search results
A variation of crème caramel and crème brûlée. Use well-flavoured tea, such as Earl Grey, green tea or one flavoured with jasmine flowers.
600ml full cream milk
1 level tablespoon of your chosen tea
2 large Eggs, and 3 Egg Yolks
100g Caster Sugar
150ml Double Cream
For Decoration: Candied Angelica and toasted flaked Almonds (optional)
Equipment: Ramekins 4-8, depending on their size.
1. Put the milk and tea leaves into a stainless steel saucepan, and bring to the boil, watching carefully it doesn't boil over.
2. Remove the pan from the heat, and allow it to infuse for 5 minutes
3. Put the eggs and yolks, sugar and cream into a bowl and beat thoroughly.
4. Strain the milk over the beaten egg mixture (leaving the tea leaves behind), stirring as you pour.
5. Strain again into individual ramekins, and place them on a roasting tray with hot water half-way up their sides.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170ºC, Gas mark 3 for 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of your ramekins. A knife inserted into the middle of a ramekin should come out clean
7.Cool, the refrigerate until required.
8. Decorate with toasted almond flakes and angelica if desired.