« back to recipes search results
Toffee Apples Recipes
These are excellent for outdoor events, such as bonfire night, but to be at their best must be eaten on the same day as being made.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at ‘Simon Scrutton Cookery Classes’ on Google – and learn how to make top class bistro-style dishes. Suitable for beginners upwards.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For 8 small eating Apples
275g/10 oz Caster Sugar
250ml/9 fl oz Water
the juice of ½ a Lemon
8 Lollipop Sticks
1. Insert a lollipop stick into the stalk-end of each apple.
2. Put the sugar and water into a heavy-based saucepan and gently heat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
3. Increase the heat until the sugar turns into a medium-brown caramel. Watch it carefully, as it mustn't burn.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice, being careful, as the caramel will splutter.
5. Swirl each apple in the mixture, until it"s evenly coated, placing each one on non-stick silicon paper as each is completed.