« back to recipes search results
Tomato Coulis; Warm Recipe
A good basic tomato sauce for making "Ratatouille"; Aubergine Provencal (q.v.); and serving with mousses such as Gateau of Duck livers (q.v.).
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
2 tablespoons (30ml) good Olive Oil
50g/2oz chopped Onions
2 medium cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
1* 400g tin of chopped Tomatoes
2 teaspoons (10ml) Tomato Puree
2 sprigs of Parsley, chopped
Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil, in a stainless steel saucepan, over a low heat.
2. Add the chopped onion and garlic, then sweat until the onion looks translucent - about 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, puree and chopped parsley. Mix well together.
4. Maintaining the low heat, cook for 30 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Sieve, if using it as a sauce for mousses; otherwise this isn't necessary.
- Can be prepared ahead up to this point; but be careful when reheating, as it can spit and make a terrible mess!