« back to recipes search results
These are very easy to make, and ideal for a barbecue or if you're having a curry.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
300gr/9oz Wholemeal Flour
½ teaspoon (2ml) Salt
200ml to 230ml Cold Water (this will depend on your flour)
1 tablespoon (15ml) Vegetable Oil
1. Put the flour and salt in a bowl, then mix in enough cold water to make a soft unsticky dough. If you inadvertently-add too much water add a little more flour, so the dough is manageable.
2. Knead for a minute then divide the mixture up into pieces, about the size of golf balls
3. Brush each ball with oil, then put them on a lightly-oiled plate or tray - put the whole thing in a plastic carrier bag, or loosely cover with a tea towel - then rest for about an hour.
4. Press each ball down on a lightly floured surface, then roll them into very thin large circle - about 2mm thick.
* At this stage you can stack them between layers of silicon/ non stick baking paper or -
5. Cook them in a dry frying pan - over a medium heat - for 2 minutes on the first side, then turning & for 1 minute on the second; by which time they should have slightly browned.