« back to recipes search results
Chili Apple Sauce
An interesting variation of apple sauce, it can be used with roast pork, duck or goose - particularly if you don't have time to make gravy.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
- 1 Red Chili (of medium heat), split, and with the seeds removed - then finely-chopped or a generous pinch of crushed dried chilis
- 3 Bramley, or 6 firm Dessert Apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Cider or White Wine Vinegar
- 6 Cloves
1. Put all the sauce ingredients in a stainless steel saucepan with 2 tablespoons (30ml) water.
2. Cook until the apples collapse - this will be about 10 minutes for Bramleys, a little longer for dessert varieties.
Set aside until ready to serve.