« back to recipes search results
Vegetables; Glazed Baby Recipe
Easy to prepare and they look attractive on the plate.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at ‘Simon Scrutton Cookery Classes’ on Google – and learn how to make top class bistro-style dishes. Suitable for beginners upwards.
For 6 people:
- 225g (8oz) baby Turnips, trimmed and washed
- 225g (8oz) baby Carrots, trimmed and washed
- 125g (4oz) baby Courgettes, trimmed and halved
- 125g (4oz) Asparagus spears, trimmed
- 50g (2oz) Butter
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) clear Honey
- Bring a big pan of water to the boil and blanch the turnips for about 5 minutes, add the carrots after 2 minutes so they cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain, refresh with very cold water and drain again.
- Mix all the baby vegetables together.
- Melt the butter in a big frying pan with the oil, add the baby vegetables and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the honey and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Season and serve