« back to recipes search results
Almond Tuiles Recipe
These are excellent with many desserts, especially ice creams & parfaits.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
For about 25 tuiles:
60g/2 oz Butter - at room temperature
60g/2 oz Plain Flour
360g/12 oz Caster Sugar
7 medium Egg Whites
360g/12 oz Flaked Almonds
1. Heat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5.
2. Cream the butter until smooth, then add the flour, sugar and egg whites and beat together until smooth.
3. Add the flaked almonds and mix well in.
4. Spread out in teaspoonful-sized blobs onto a greased baking sheet – leaving plenty of room as they will spread.
5. Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Have a few clean rolling pin-sized objects spread out on your work top, and when the biscuits look ready remove them from their trays and drap them over the 'rolling pins' so they bend into a continental tile shape.
7. When they are cool, they will be crisp and firm.
8. Store in an air-tight tin until needed.