« back to recipes search results
Coffee Sauce Recipe
Served cold, this is very good with Chocolate Mousse.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
For 4-6 helpings:
- 6 medium Egg Yolks (freeze the whites for future use - e.g. meringues)
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) Caster Sugar
- ¼ pint/150ml strong Coffee; good instant will be fine - warm to hot, but not boiling
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Tia Maria or Cognac (optional)
- ¼ pint/150ml Single Cream
1.Whisk the egg yolks, sugar and coffee in a bowl over hot water until it becomes quite thick.
2. Mix in the cream and your chosen liqueur.
3. Cool, then chill.