« back to recipes search results
Carrot Purée Recipe
Try and find nice old carrots for this recipe - don't be tempted to leave out the garlic, as it gives the whole dish a real lift.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
- 2 lbs/1 kilo Old Carrots, peeled, headed and tailed, the sliced into thick rounds
- 1 big or 2 medium cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 oz/60gr Butter
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Cream
- Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
A food processor or Mouli-Legume; a steamer (optional)
- Boil, or better still, steam the carrots and garlic for about 15 minutes - or until very tender.
- Purée the vegetables in a processor or mouli-legume while they are still warm
- Add the butter and cream, then season with salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper - mix well in.
* The dish can be prepared ahead up to this point and gently re-heated