« back to recipes search results
Chocolate Mousse - Heavy, Sticky & Rich
An excellent chocolate mousse for a really concentrated flavour.
For 4 helpings:
250g/ 8 oz Plain Chocolate - 50% to 70% Cocoa solids is ideal
15g/ ½ oz Butter
1 tablespoon (15ml) Armagnac/Cognac or Grand Marnier if an orange flavour is preferred
3 big Eggs
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces & put them into a bowl with 50ml/2 fl oz Water
2. Put this bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure that the water doesn't touch the chocolate bowl.
3. Stir until the chocolate melts.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat and after 2 minutes, stir in the butter and liquour.
5. Separate the eggs and whisk the whites until they are stiff.
6. Beat the yolks into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the whites - eliminating any flecks.
7. Spoon the mousse into individual glasses/ramekins or into a bowl and set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.