« back to recipes search results
Brandy Sorbet Recipe
As with all sorbet's (water ice's), this is very easy to make, but will melt quite quickly at room temperature, so is best served in chilled glasses. This is particularly true of this sorbet, as because of its alcohol content it will never freeze into a completely-solid state.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
1 bottle good Dry White Wine (such as Chablis)
2 fl oz/50ml good Brandy (i.e. Armagnac or Cognac)
the sieved juice from 2 Lemons (more can be extracted if the fruit are slightly warmed in a microwave before squeezing)
Equipment needed: An old ice cream container, or similar. A deep freeze
Make a syrup with the sugar and water, by heating it in a stainless steel saucepan over a medium heat, and stirring until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Set this aside to cool.
- Stir in the wine and your chosen brandy.
- Add the sieved lemon juice and stir well in.
- Pour the mixture into your chosen container and transfer it to the deep freeze.
- The rating of your freezer is important at this stage, but every hour or so, remove the mixture from the deep freeze and turn the edges into the middle so you end up with a smooth consistency
- Quickly return the mixture to the freeze after each mix. You will have to repeat this procedure over several hours.
- The mixture will never become really solid.
Serve quickly or you will have a delicious chilled drink.