« back to recipes search results
Chicken Wings - Baked with Parmesan
A fiddle to do, but worth the effort as they are totally delicious. Good finger or barbecue food as you can hold them by their 'drumsticks', without getting messy.
1 kilo/2 lbs Chicken Wings, with the wing tip section removed at the joint
300ml/ ½ pint Plain Yoghurt
Juice of 2 Lemons
1 tablespoon (15ml) Dijon Mustard
3 medium cloves of Garlic, peeled and finely-chopped
½ teaspoon each of Dried Sage & Dried Oregano
500ml/ 1 pint Dried Breadcrumbs
300ml/½ pint Parmesan (unusually, dried is fine for this dish)
½ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
½ teaspoon (2ml) Salt; plus a generous few grinds of Pepper
1. Cut the wings into 2 pieces at the joint.
2. With a small sharp knife scrap the meat from one end of each bone to the other, to give the appearance of a baby chicken drumstick.
3. Put the wings in a stainless steel or glass bowl with the yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, herbs and salt & pepper. Mix well so the meat is well covered.
4. Marinate for at least 2 hours at room temperature, or better still, overnight in the fridge.
5. Combine the breadcrumbs with the parmesan and cayenne.
6. Heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6. Remove the wing pieces from their marinade and cover them wit the breadcrumb mixture – arrange the wings on a baking tray, in such a way that they are not touching.
* They can be prepared ahead up to this point.
7. Melt the butter and drizzle it over the wings.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until golden – the smell will be fantastic!
9. Cool before removing carefully from the baking tray.