« back to recipes search results
Fruit Compote; Summer Recipe
This is very good on its own, with ice cream, or a smarten-up traditional puddings - such as semolina (q.v.)
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For 6, or 8 as an accompaniment:
8 oz/250gr Blueberries
8 oz/250gr Raspberries
8 oz/250gr Strawberries
2 oz/60gr Caster Sugar
Equipment needed: an oven-proof bowl
1. Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to the boil.
2. Stick a fork into each peach, then dip each peach in the boiling water for about one minute the put into a bowl of cold water.
3. Remove the skin from the peaches, they should come off easily.
4. Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones and discard them.
5. Cut the apricots in two and remove the stones, follow these with the plums.
6. Put the apricots, blueberries, peaches and plums in an ovenproof bowl and sprinkle over the sugar.
7. Place the bowl in an oven heated to 350F/180C and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove the bowl from the oven and add the raspberries.
When the mixture is cold, add the strawberries - these can be halved if they are large.
Serve when cold - if refrigerated in the meantime - serve at room temperature.